At Teen Launch Academy, we give you the skills you need to be fully prepared for the future. Schools aren’t doing a great job of it yet and that’s where TLA steps in.
You’ll find lots of information on this site that will help you to start a business, volunteer to better your community and change the world. Our Teen Launch series walks you step by step through the process. We are currently working on full online courses as well.
The goals of this website are to:
- Help you to explore different entrepreneurship ideas, marketing help, how to volunteer in your community and even some technical website building tutorials.
- Learn about teens that have started successful businesses and are changing the world.
- Teach you basic business concepts.
About Deanna Gibbons
I’m Deanna Gibbons an entrepreneurial educator. I teach middle and high school students how to start a business, how to make a difference in their community and how to change the world.
I’ve got over 15 years’ experience working with young kids and teens through various community organizations, such as Girl and Boy Scouting. I’ve also owned my own marketing & design firm for the last 12 years.
When I am not volunteering my time or working, you can find me at home with my kids (I’ve got 5 of them) playing video games, binge watching Netflix and YouTube or reading books like Divergent or Hunger Games.
If you want to know more, here are 10 random things about me:
- I am a HUGE superhero nerd. I love watching all the superhero movies (vintage stuff and new).
- Commercials, movies and books all make me cry but not much else does.
- I’m Italian. I have light brown hair and blue eyes so you would never know it looking at me! (Though I do talk with my hands!)
- I never drank coffee my whole life until I had Starbucks for the first time about 5 years ago. Now I LOVE coffee!
- I am a night owl staying up til 1am reading, surfing the internet or working and am up by 6am every day (which is way too early but… RESPONSIBILITIES)
- I love music of all kinds. Pop, classic rock, country, rap (mostly Eminem), classical….The only thing I don’t like is EDM. (Can you say headache?)
- I have a pretty decent singing voice. My favorite moments with my kids are when we are all in the car singing together and harmonizing to our favorite songs.
- I am much more comfortable in a room full of teens than I am in a room full of people.
- I am a chocolate junkie! I love milk chocolate and eat a candy bar almost every day!
- I left my parents and siblings in Michigan in 2008 and moved to Colorado so I could provide a better environment for my kids to grow up in.
Please subscribe to my blog and get all the latest updates and new courses. When you subscribe you’ll also get the free #teenspark course checklist, which is our step by step program that walks you through starting a socially responsible difference.